Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Track 2

Hello friends,

Night is approaching. Full moon rising. We had a lovely day. Noble got to meet his great grandmother and spend more time with the one and only Aunt Sue, he ate, he slept and had a great deal of gas throughout.

Track two is a personal choice. It is a reflection of my own music history and discovery. I grew up on oldies radio and could sing along with most of what played by the time I was ten or eleven. I don't recall any real interest in making my own music choices until I was in the 8th grade. I didn't have a lot of angst or frustrations about being a teen. Really, I was just kind of floating along.

Two bands entered my field of vision when I first elected to consider my music. Dave Matthews Band and Rusted Root. I have always been a percussionist, following in the tracks of my father. Carter Beauford baffled me with his speed and distinct sound. As an eternal romantic I loved Dave's poetry and his unique chord progressions and guitar fingering also wowed. Rusted Root always left me feeling like I was a part of an aggressive tribe.

2. Where Are You Going             Dave Matthews Band

I whispered, "Your dad can play this one buddy," as the guitar led in then proceeded to sing. Got a little choked up at the chorus:
I am no superman
I have no answers for you
I am no hero oh that's for sure,
but I do know one thing...
That's where you are is where I belong.
I do know where you go
That's where I want to be.

It is just quite lovely. My buddy chilled right out just like Dave might have wanted.
Track Two

Thank you so much to those of you who shared your beautiful stories and music. My wife and I read them together in tears. Please keep them coming.

Cheers


No comments:

Post a Comment